Sunday, November 18, 2007

Why Ninja Woman?

I am not a ninja.

Let's just get that out of the way.  Most of the people reading this already know me and therefore know that I possess zero ninja skills.  But, for the people who perhaps googled 'ninja' and wound up here, I'm sorry for your disappointment.

I chose the name for two reasons.  1.)  My first picture book which is slated to come out in Spring 2009 is called The Ninja Who Wanted to Be Noticed.  I thought I'd pay homage.  So if you did google 'ninja' and you made it here and you have a pair of num chucks and a kid, won't you buy a copy?  I bet you'll like it.

The 2.) reason is:  It's really, really hard to find a domain name that hasn't been taken.  My other choice of available names was Snappy Hands.  When my husband heard that one, he burst out laughing.
That wasn't really the reaction I was going for.  At least Ninja Woman sounds like I'm kind of badass, right?

Anyway, Ninja Woman is going to be a little more free form than my MySpace blog (www.myspace.com/juliephillipps).  I don't intend to limit it to only book news.  I'll talk about any other projects I'm working on, show my art, maybe have some craft tutorials - that kind of thing.  And, hopefully, all the people who cannot leave comments to MySpace blog postings because they are not MySpace members - which is to say everyone I know - can hopefully participate a little more here.

If you don't know me already, please feel free to check out my MySpace page as an introduction to me.  www.myspace.com/juliephillipps

I feel like I should have a sign-off phrase, like "Hi-ya!"  But instead, I'll just fade into the background, all stealthy-like...

1 comment:

äiti said...

This is great. Your paintings garnered quite a bit of attention at T's massive b-day party yesterday and now I have a blog to which I can send our friends to.

And, now I don't have to join mySpace!

xo,

Shirl