Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gingerbread House

About a month ago, I bought a kit for a gingerbread house. We had made one last year and it was a big hit. Magoo had fun with the electric mixer.
He even did some of the icing this year. (Look at that level of concentration on his face.)
He placed a few m&m's here and there and then he got bored. It probably had something to do with the fact that, last night, we had dinner at a friend's house and they brought out gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate. It was a lot of fun - but it took the buzz out of our project, I think. So I finished it myself.
I showed it to Magoo when I was done and he said, "Mommy, you did a beautiful job." Aw, shucks. (Then my big heart burst.)

2 comments:

äiti said...

Sigh. Good stuff.

We made gingerbread cookies yesterday. Some for Santa and some for us and some for friends and family.

It was my first GFCF batch and was much simpler and easier than I anticipated.

We may even try for a gingerbread house next year!

Natalie said...

Recent events in our family mirrors recent events in your family...with a bit of a twist. My son's 2nd birthday was Dec. 18th, so we planned his party for Saturday the 15th. I made and assembled 8 little gingerbread houses that the kids could decorate with the moms at the party.

But my daughter threw up the night before, so we moved the party to the 16th. An hour before the party was to begin, the birthday boy started throwing up. Party canceled. We were left with 8 gingerbread houses. Sigh. We later saw 2 of the kids who were supposed to come to the party so I gave them their houses, my daughters and hubby each decorated one, which still leaves us with three. Anyone want an undecorated gingerbread house??