Monday, December 17, 2007

Robot Destiny

It must have been in the summer when I was walking home from dropping Magoo off at school when I noticed a neighbor throwing away a box filled with jars full of these...
1. I love oddly shaped jars.  2. These little copper bits and bobs called out to me.  "Juuuulie, make something with usssssss.  We're way too cooooool to pitch."  How could I resist that?!  So for months I have had them off to a corner of my studio.  Waiting.  Waiting.  Until finally, last week, looking for something to do with Magoo and eager to use my new hot glue gun, I asked him if he wanted to make a robot.  He, of course, said, "Yes!"
So here are the results.  Magoo did the big one.  He designed it and placed the items - I did all the hot gluing.  And I made the smaller one as a magnet for the fridge.  It actually has turned out to be a rather large magnet - so I think I'll have to redesign.  But man - was that fun!

And now some happy little copper bits have achieved their destiny.

No comments: