Friday, December 7, 2007

Snowballs and a Sock Monkey

I've been sewing.

I've been wanting to make a sock monkey for a little while now. I'm not sure what that says about me to have "make a sock monkey" under my list of goals - but there it is. I had the pattern - I didn't have the socks. And excuse me for not wanting to pay the big $$$ for some really nice wool, red heel socks to cut up. So I had to journey out to Odd Lots and buy a cheap pair. No red heel, but they would do.

Then I got really busy. Not really busy with making sock monkeys - but really busy with wrapping presents, preparing for my watercolor class, dropping off paintings, working on illustrations, cooking, cleaning - that stuff!

Just TODAY - I carved out a piece of time to fulfill my sock monkey destiny. Wa-la! I named him Monkey Ho Ho, in honor of my sister-in-law's favorite animal growing up. I think he turned out pretty darn cute.Below Monkey Ho Ho is another of this week's little projects - snowballs. I first saw these on a site called Lucky Beans and they looked like something my little guy would enjoy - and he surely did. He even helped me sew a little on the machine.

Very easy and very fun. My son, husband and I have been chucking these things at one another all week.
Happy Holidays!

No comments: