Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Shrinky Dinks

One of the gifts Magoo got for his birthday was a box of "Shrink Art" - which anyone who was born in the 70's knows is really Shrinky Dinks!!!! 
I don't think he knew what was going to happen at first.  He didn't like that he had to color it with colored pencils - and, admittedly, the ones that came in the box were LAME!  So I let him do some line drawing with a Sharpie, then I pulled out my case of colored pencils.  (I think he's always a little more excited when I let him use my art materials.)

Then we popped that bad boy in the oven and watched (through a grease layered window) as it distorted and shrunk within seconds.  It really was quite cool.  Now it's the size of a credit card.
These are Magoo's tiny hands.  And he does, in fact, call them "credit cards."  He LOVED it and made a few more.

Aren't these cool!  He seems to have a Miro sensibility to his work.

No comments: