Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Two Crows

In a continuing effort to find an artistic voice for working with crows, I dabbled with collage. All of the green bits were left over pieces from other projects - unaltered (for the most part.)  I painted some watercolor paper with deep blues, purples and greens and cut that out for the crows.  
Actually, I originally cut out a large central crow - but it wasn't working for me.  So then I did these two.  Generally I work with threes, but the two crows seemed to bring peace to the mish-mash of the background.  So I just let the third one go.  I used Nori glue to lay everything down - which I recommend for collage.  
All in all - I like it.  But I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

2 comments:

äiti said...

Hmmm. There is something very human about this piece---the way the crows seem to be communing, and the profile looking piece of paper on the lower right.

Julie_c said...

There's a profile looking piece? I don't see it.