Thursday, January 17, 2008

Zucchini - Pineapple Muffins

My boy is a muffin fiend.  He'd eat muffins morning, noon, and night if given the opportunity. And it's the only way I can get fruit and (some) vegetables into his system.  I can't remember where I got this recipe, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I typed "vegetable" and "muffin" in a Google search and found these.  
I've made these a few times and all the kids in the neighborhood love them.  Magoo included. They are really good.  And this recipe yield a TON of muffins so you can give them out and make new friends.  :)
Zucchini-Pineapple Muffins (really big batch)
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup veg. oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 zucchinis)
1 1/4 cup crushed, drained pineapple
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips

*************
1. preheat oven 350 degrees.  Line muffin tins. (This recipe yields approx. 2 dozen muffins)

2. Combine: eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla.  Beat until smooth.

3. Stir in zucchini, pineapple, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & spices.

4. Fold in chocolate chips.

5. Fills muffin cups 1/2 full and bake 20 minutes.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

äiti said...

Sounds yummy!

I have some cans of pumpkin purée I need to use up and looked for a GFCF pumpkin bread recipe yesterday (the kids groaned when I asked how they felt about a batch of pumpkin muffins).

I didn't find a recipe for bread, but I did find one for pumpkin-coconut flan which I am planning on making this weekend.

Julie_c said...

I LUV pumpkin!