Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Birds of Winter

It snowed a bit last night, but now it's turned to rain - freezing rain.  School is delayed.  The roads are crap.  The sky is grey.  Hard to get excited about that kind of day - so here are some colorful birds!!!


This was a joint project by Magoo and myself.  He had made some wonderful spooshes of color on white paper and I cut them out like little puzzle pieces.  Most of them are cut exactly the way they formed on the paper, but I took a little liberty with a few.  Then I played around with them and found birds - colorful, exotic birds.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with them - maybe make a few cards.  I just like them.  And on a dreary day like today - I need a burst of color.

3 comments:

äiti said...

These are great. I love that they are born from the creativity and initiative of you and your son.

Margaret McInnes said...

Hi I have lurked around your blog a few times and though I would say Hi!
I really love your birds maybe I will give them a try with my boys tomorrow.
Thanks.

Snippety Gibbet said...

You really are an Eric Carle kind of girl, aren't you?