Saturday, February 23, 2008

By the Window

I finished this watercolor yesterday.  The image is of a boy, Teo, laying on the top of his sofa right by the window, playing with the curtain cord.  My friend, Shirley, took a photo (of this image) of her youngest and sent it around with a batch of other photos a while ago.  I thought the image was gorgeous and I loved the extreme light and shadows.

In my most recent watercolor class, we focused on light and shadow, so this was the perfect project to start in class.  But, mores times than not, I need a painting to live with me for awhile - so I can glance at it and see which parts seem good and interesting and which parts seem weak.  After a couple weeks I tightened it up so I'm officially calling it finished.


5 comments:

äiti said...

We love it!!!

äiti said...

By the way, do you recognize the throw that he's lying on? You guys gave it to us for X-mas one year...

Julie_c said...

That's funny. I didn't at all. But now that you mention it... what a gorgeous throw!!!

lynne said...

Beautiful painting!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me. I love the name Teo, btw. :-)