Wednesday, March 26, 2008

100th Post Contest

Woo-hoo!  It's my 100th post!  And I love contests, so you know I have to have one.  So here's what you're playing for - a lovely set of blank postcards featuring some of my paper cuts: octopus, frog, bird & nest and bee.  (Sorry the photo is cruddy - I need a light box.)  You can't buy these in stores, people!

Maybe you're saying - "Sure, Julie, those are nice, but I'm not really a "notecard" kind of person. " Well, they make great gifts - especially for teachers!  
Okay, so here's what you have to do.  You have to come up with a title/caption/poem/song or anything else to go along with this illustration:
Okay.  Simple enough, right?  I'll leave this up until Monday when I (and probably my husband) will go through your creative entires and pick a winner.  Good luck!  Have fun!  Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

äiti said...

"Old lady catching flies smoking a big, fat cigar."

Aki

äiti said...

"There was once an old lady with a yellow shirt, with colored flowers on it. She was holding a fly net, but there was no flies. And I can't believe it, but she was smoking a cigarette."

Teo

Julie_c said...

HAHAHA - I'm so glad the boys wanted to play!

Mackenzie said...

20 years after you give birth excitement includes a cig and a fly swatter... Note to self: Don't have kids.

Julie_c said...

My Mom writes:
"This is what happened to The Old Lady That Swallowed a Fly. Ooops."

MIMI said...

Wow, Mary Schakel doesn't look a day older. Sorry, Hope College joke just for you, Jules. I'll try again.

Julie_c said...

Aimee wrote as a caption:

"You wanna get with this?"

Jay said...

The paparazzi were present in mass as Linday Lohan checked out of Promises Rehab for the 100th time. For her 100th release, Ms. Lohan is rumored to be holding a contest to see who can accurately predict (with in a 24 hour window) the time until her next admission. The winner will receive an autographed copy of Lindsay's sex tape.
On a lighter note, Ms. Lohan feels she is in the best shape of her life and is eager to resume her career.

Julie_c said...

Mary wrote:
"They're good with tomatoes."

Julie_c said...

Donna wrote:
"Bring on the Bud."
or
"Bring on the bugs."

Natalie said...

I just saw this yesterday, and have been racking my brain trying to think of some witty caption. Argh.

Congratulations on your 100th post!

I'll keep thinking...