Monday, March 3, 2008

Mini Walnut Muffins

In a continuing effort to boost Magoo's Omega 3 intake, I went online to find a recipe for walnuts.  I found Mini Walnut Muffins.  So far, these have been a big hit with both my boys. Michael kept commenting, "Those are so good!"  Which is always nice to hear.


Mini Walnut Muffins

2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup melted butter
1/8 tsp. almond flavoring  (The recipe calls for Black Walnut flavor, but I couldn't find any of that.  And I have to say we really like the almond taste.)

- whip eggs.  (Note, I bought an old fashioned egg beater recently, and I just love to beat eggs with it.  Takes me back to my childhood!  Plus, those things are just fun.)
- mix brown sugar and butter.
- add sugar mix to the egg mix.  Mix.  Then add the remaining ingredients. 
- go ahead and grease those little muffin tins up nicely.  Then add the mix 1/2 full per cup.
- bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes per batch

I had some left-over batter so I poured it into a mini loaf pan.  That had to bake a tad longer, but I didn't time it.  Sorry.  Wouldn't that be nice, though?  Giving neighbors a little wrapped up loaf of walnut bread?!  I'm going to have to do that.


2 comments:

äiti said...

So glad to hear you all are reaping the yummy joys of simple baking. The egg beater sounds fun---has Magoo tried it yet?

Julie_c said...

Yes - when he's in the mood to bake with me, I often let him use it. In fact, he picked it out from the store.