In a continuing effort to boost Magoo's Omega 3 intake, I went online to find a recipe for walnuts. I found Mini Walnut Muffins. So far, these have been a big hit with both my boys. Michael kept commenting, "Those are so good!" Which is always nice to hear.
Mini Walnut Muffins
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup melted butter
1/8 tsp. almond flavoring (The recipe calls for Black Walnut flavor, but I couldn't find any of that. And I have to say we really like the almond taste.)
- whip eggs. (Note, I bought an old fashioned egg beater recently, and I just love to beat eggs with it. Takes me back to my childhood! Plus, those things are just fun.)
- mix brown sugar and butter.
- add sugar mix to the egg mix. Mix. Then add the remaining ingredients.
- go ahead and grease those little muffin tins up nicely. Then add the mix 1/2 full per cup.
- bake at 350 degrees for approx. 10 minutes per batch
I had some left-over batter so I poured it into a mini loaf pan. That had to bake a tad longer, but I didn't time it. Sorry. Wouldn't that be nice, though? Giving neighbors a little wrapped up loaf of walnut bread?! I'm going to have to do that.