Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Little Bit of Planting

Ha!  I had a pic in the pile and a couple that I took with my neighbor's camera, so I can still post a few photos.

This first one was taken about a week and a half ago.  I had saved a couple egg cartons to make starter gardens for marigolds.  I've always liked marigolds because they're hardy.  I'm not the best gardener in the world.  My interest wanes pretty quickly - so I need a plant that's going to do most of the work for me. 
Here's Magoo giving me a helping hand with the watering can.

Fast forward to yesterday.  Here's my little starter garden in the back "sun" room - which is really the small enclosed place behind the kitchen where most of the crap goes.  But I cleaned it out a bit to let my little lovelies get some sun.  (All marigolds and 1 carrot that Magoo planted at Kindergarten registration.)
And here's a close up of the sprouts.  Isn't it exciting!!!

1 comment:

äiti said...

What a perfect space to put the little starter pots. Nice way to reuse materials using the egg cartons :-)

The sprouts look good!