Thursday, May 29, 2008

Black Bean Salsa

It's warm, it's salsa time, right? Well, I suppose it's always salsa time, but Mary's (my mother-in-law) Black Bean Salsa just seems like the perfect thing for summer - so I thought I'd share it. (I hope it's not a secret recipe! If so, sorry Mary.)


Mary's Black Bean Salsa

1 (15 ounce) can of black beans (or soak dry ones overnight and slow cook 'em)
1 (15 ounce) can of diced tomatoes (or cut fresh ones)
1 small haas avacado, peeled and diced
1/3 cup chopped red onion
2 T lime juice
2 T chopped cilantro
Jalapeno pepper diced (add to desired "hotness")
1/4 tsp salt.

Mix it up and Viola!

Now - this is also pretty tasty mixed with brown rice, as a side dish. Throw some chicken in there and you got yourself a meal!

2 comments:

ang said...

Mmm that looks supertasty.
We love salsa around here so we'll have to try it. Thanks to you and Mary for the recipe!

äiti said...

That's a great picture...I rarely make salsa, but I think I'll try it with this recipe!