Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cabo Halter

A few months ago - when I was first getting into sewing and learning names (such as Amy Butler) and about all the fabulous fabric stores online, I came across Trendy Fabrics and they were having a sale on Amy Butler fabric.  So I bought me some.  And, last Saturday, this is what I made.
 
The pattern is Amy Butler's Cabo Halter and the fabric is Amy Butler's Kashmir Okra.
Compared to my last pattern reading adventure - Magoo's bathrobe - this was a piece of cake.  Because the directions are very well written and the illustrations are very clear.  I worked on it off and on on Saturday - so it's hard to say how long it took, but no more than 3 hours tops.  It fits really well and I love the colors.  Halters are a big thing for me in the summer - so I'll probably make a couple more.

I will say that my invisible zipper isn't completely invisible - but it's good enough.

1 comment:

äiti said...

Yowza! It fits you like a glove. I love the fabric---the pattern, the colors...

I don't think I'll ever be a halter girl again (I did like them when I was a kid), but you go ahead and rock them---you look awesome!