Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Time for a New Bathrobe

This is Magoo's bathrobe.  Isn't it cute?!  See how short it is?  Well - this photo is from a year and a half ago.  He hadn't even turned 4 yet.  Can you imagine how short it was a month ago?! It was like an X-rate Hugh Hefner walking around here.  Clearly, it was time for a new robe.

I decided I wanted to make the child a robe and I probably could have figured it out on my own - but I had no idea how much fabric I needed - so I went ahead and got a pattern.  I think the brand was Burda.  Whatever it was - it was awful!  I'm not an idiot - but the directions sure made me feel like one.  And the illustrations?  Oh my - they were so extremely close up to whatever point they were trying to make that you couldn't figure out which piece was what.  You know how if you get really close up to a dandelion it might look like a rug or something - well, it was like that.

There was one piece, in particular, I just didn't know what the heck it was for.  I had to rip it out, replace it, then rip it out again.  (It turned out to be the collar.  But did they call it the collar?  Heck no!  Well, maybe they didn't intend for it to be the collar - but it is now.)  

In the end, I ditched the instructions and figured things out on my own.  Serenity now!!!

But it turned out cute and fuzzy and long enough to last a few years.  So all in all, I'm good.

4 comments:

ang said...

Dang straight that old robe was crazazy short! This one is very cute. Congrats on prevailing over the dimwitted instructions an.d making it on your own

äiti said...

Great job---the robe is awesome! I love that blue.

Jay said...

are you taking orders? Lilja is about 33" tall... hint, hint

wish you had taken pictures of the progress (or lack there of) with the nutty instructions, because we all know that you are not an idiot.

love the shot of Magoo in the old robe... glad we didn't see the bits and pieces one...

Shelley said...

What a cutie! He looks tre comfy in his new robe. You are quite the artist/artisan!