Friday, May 16, 2008

Yet Another Koi

Guess what I'm painting until I die?  Koi Fish!!!  No, no - I don't mean to sound like I'm done with it.  I love painting them and I seem to have an audience for them.  I just don't want the 4 people checking out my blog to get bored.

This is the latest, Descending Koi #2 - my first vertical koi painting.  (I'm not loving the colors in the pic, but you get the idea.)

Here's a detail of one of the fish.


And to give you a sense of size - here's the framed piece with Magoo next to it.  (Dig those dino jammies!)


I took it into the gallery this morning where the owner told me if I can do 7 paintings, she'll feature me in the window.  So I have to go back to the art store this afternoon and invest in a few more frames.  Then I will PAINT FISH!  (Actually I plan to do 3 goldfish paintings.  So it will be three goldfish, four koi and then I'll probably need to take a fish break.)

In food news, we discovered a yeast free, gluten free, sugar free pizza crust mix from the good folks at Namaste Foods and it was pretty good.  It rolled well so I could make the crusts nice and thin - just like we like them.  And it was easier on me since I didn't have to do a ton of measuring!  Yeah. 

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

ang said...

Hey awesome fish! What's wrong with the color?!
That's some sweet news that you get spotlighted in the window! Let me know when it happens.

äiti said...

Mmm. I like the vertical.

Congratulations...must feel good to be gettin' paid :-)

I love Namaste foods for their purity, simplicity and convenience!

Jay said...

I never get bored with them, I am just waiting until our house is done to see if I can afford one and which room it would go it, seriously, I love your koi.