Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fair Is Fair

This past weekend was the town art and fun fair.  Last year it was hotter then Hades.  This year, still toasty, but not as bad.  They had bike valet service, so we rode in.  Here's the scene of the "Fun" part.
Magoo's first stop was the Fun House.  He loves this thing!  Me, not so much.  Tickets are expensive and I like for him to get a little more bang for the buck - so walking through a 60 second funhouse seems like a bit of a waste to me.  But then, I guess I'm just not as much fun as the gal on the haystack!

Next was the Sizzler.  Now this was fun!  It also aired me out after riding to the fair.  Fun and functional!  4 tickets, please.
Then Magoo and his dad, portrayed here by Gene Simmons, got on the Tilt-o-Whirl. 
 
If you're new to this blog, I'm not married - nor would I ever wish to be - to Gene Simmons.  My husband doesn't like having his photo featured here so I have to come up with creative ways to mask him if I want to use a shot.  The guys were doing "rad" looks, so I thought this disguise would be work well.

We played some games and finished off at the Duck Pond because every duckie wins a prize.  Magoo won an inflatable hammer and then proceeded to pound his father and I until we hated the Duck Pond with every fiber of our being.  Just kidding.  But only a little.  Stupid hammer.

By the time all this was done, we were all kinda wiped out.  Not a lot of art was seen.   I had every intention of coming back to walk leisurely through the stalls, but it just didn't happen.  Next year.

2 comments:

äiti said...

Love the bike valet.

Hate the fun gal on the haystack right now. I'm in a mood or getting old or maybe in person it would have just been cheesy enough...or Cam's mega-watt smile would have made it all better.

Love his smile as he is hammering Mike's head :-)

Julie_c said...

Yeah - that hillbilly lady is CLASSY!