Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Summer!

It's the last day of school and the beginning of summer pool parties - so I thought I'd give you all a good laugh.  (Of course the laugh for me in that sentence is "all".  Maybe 6 people will look at this!)

I'm the dork in front.  Do you like my JCPenney's pose?  The year is 1985 and I'm thirteen. See, if more thirteen year olds looked like this we wouldn't have a teen pregnancy problem!

I can totally remember taking this picture.  It was at my friend, Ocean's house.  Yes, her name was Ocean.  If you know someone named Ocean and you think you can find her in this picture, then yes, it's probably the same Ocean.  I think the pool was fairly new so we were excited to hang out.  Ocean also had the Madonna album, Like A Virgin.  And her parents had ABBA albums and a really small and boxy Mac.  It was cool hanging out at Ocean's house.

But we had Pong and illegal cable.  So our house was alright too.

I hope the sun is shining on you and have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Julie - that picture rocks!! Ah, the good ol' days...

;)

Scarlet Tanager said...

Awesome! Almost makes me want to go back to 1985 just to hang out with you girls.

What is Ocean's middle name? Just curious. I had a friend whose middle name was Snowflake and I always loved it. Now I'm stuck on Ocean.

Julie_c said...

I have no idea what Ocean's middle name was - it was probably something normal like Ann.

äiti said...

Summer of '85....I was backpacking Europe with my boyfriend. I'm amazed at what my parents let me do. Though I wasn't 13 :-) Nope, I was 19.