Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Schwetty Balls

Okay - they're not Schwetty Balls - and you either know that reference or you don't - but they are balls and since I have a juvenile sense of humor, I had to make some sort of crack.  (And if you don't know that reference, click here for audio.)

These are actually some fabric throwing balls that I made for my little friend, Andrew's third birthday.  Whenever he and his brother are over, the three boys (Andrew, Than and Magoo) love to chuck our "snowballs" at each other.  They're so soft, you can peg someone in the face and they'd be fine.  So I thought I'd make Andrew a set of his own.  

They're very easy to make on a sewing machine, but I see no reason why you couldn't use felt and handstitch them either.  The pattern is here, if you are so inclined.  And if you have a friend that is having a baby, you could make these with different textures and the baby will probably love it!

After all, these balls are here for your pleasure.

4 comments:

ang said...

Ah no one can resist them!

Those are cute!

Julie_c said...

These balls are so soft and squeezable.

sara said...

These are the best invention EVER! Andrew & Than LOVE them. Infact, they love them SO much that one of the balls is MIA. Thanks Julie!

Jay said...

I wish I could get my hands on those balls