Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Peace, Love and Tie-Dye

One of the gifts that Magoo received for his half-birthday was a tie-dye kit.  He was very excited about it.  (I don't know how he even knew what tie-dye was.  He must have hippy blood in his veins.)  On the day we decided to pull the kit out, I washed the 2 t-shirts that came with it but realized that it could handle 6 items and this was a one time deal.  No doing 2 shirts here and 2 shirts there.  So we made a whites run to Salvation Army.


I did a quick read through of the directions - very important but not always done.  (I should know better though.)  And I was in charge of the twisting and rubberbanding.  Magoo was in charge of the dyes.  And what a great thing too because he could just go crazy and who the heck knows how it's going to turn out!

Side note: these are Magoo's jammies that he's wearing.  But he's so "into" his camouflage pajamas that he often wears them for playclothes. 

This is what I learned about tie dying in bare feet.

I also learned that it's best not to wear a beloved white shirt when you are tie-dying.  Oops!

I tied the shirts up in plastic and let them stew for a day, then I washed them out.  Magoo was very happy with the results.  Peace!


1 comment:

äiti said...

I love the pic of his feet!

Looks like fun. You're so good about doing things with him. Me, we have project boxes from bdays and X-mases unopened going back a few years....