Friday, July 18, 2008

Tidbits on a Hot Day

It's hot.

It's 9:57 am and I already have that first layer of light sweat - mmmmmm.  Sexy.

And I'm baking.  
Magoo has a birthday party later today so I had to make some pizza and cake that he could eat.  I really don't mind doing it.  I just wish it wasn't so hot.

Here's some exciting news (for me - maybe not for you.)  Amazon has my book up for pre-order ALREADY!  I took a look as a sort of lark - but there it was - no image yet, though.

I liked my little bird bag so much I decided to make one for myself!  It's not exactly the same, in design.  I wanted something that was a little wider for snacks and such.  I put a pocket inside and a strap to hold a water bottle.  It's customized to my needs. 

And I made a TON of bone headed mistakes on it.  I didn't have much time to work on it so it was a little stitching here and a little cutting there and as a result I put the pocket on upside down and stitched things right side to wrong side - OY!  But I did finish it and I can take it to the party today and look ever-so-cute!

The embroidery is supposed to be an old fashioned bicycle.  Mike says like looks more like a tricycle.  (Shake fist at Mike!)

And last night I visited Magoo's karate class and snuck some pics.  I was so proud!


Here's a little video of him working on his front kicks!

video

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and we all get through this heat.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha, it's nice to know that other peoples kitchens look like mine sometimes! I somehow pick the hottest days to cook or bake as well. I think the sweat makes you delirious and fools you into making yourself even hotter!!
Doesn't your husband know that a tricycle has three wheels??
Very cool bag! I'm sure you looked really hip at the party!

Shelley said...

The video is great. What a little smartie!

Your bag is cute! I've got to get into embroidery. And sewing. And watercolor... :)

äiti said...

OMG so exciting about your book's presence on Amazon!!!

I'll admit the old fashioned bike looked like a trike to me at first, but then I realized what it was :-)

It's tres cute nonetheless!