Friday, September 19, 2008

Vertical Koi #2

Wednesday I finished this painting. It certainly took me long enough. i think I started it in July. But August was a was with our Ohio/Michigan trip and then having Magoo home from school for 2 weeks. There was just no way I was going to be able to get into it when he's around, mainly because it's too big. I have to lay this big board out in the middle of my floor along side my palette and a big jar of water. If that's not inviting a 5 year old to spill water all over your painting, I don't know what is!

But sometimes it's good to let things sit. Then you can finish them up with a fresh perspective of what's working and what isn't.

Here it is, framed.

I like these huge, whoppin' frames I got on sale for Jerry's Artarama. Just simple, nice wood.

And this one's now at the gallery in town. There's a big art event going on in West Hartford Center for the next couple weeks, ArtWalk. I wanted to have it in the gallery by then b/c if art buyers come, I want one of my paintings to at least be on the menu. We'll see.

Now I think I'll paint some smaller goldfish for my November 8 & 9 show at Artspace in Hartford. That's more of a craft show so smaller, less expensive things sell better there.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

It's gorgeous. I think they'll snatch it up and ask for more!

Jessica said...

Wow Julie, you really have quite the handle on water colors!!
Beautiful, beautiful washes!!
I can't help but see the potential for a lithograph!

I hope you are asking big bucks for your work!

Can't wait to see what you paint next:)