Friday, October 17, 2008

The First Leaf Pile of 08

There was one thing Magoo wanted to do when we got home from school yesterday - make a leaf pile.  At first it looked like it was going to rain so we stayed in.  Then the sun peeked back out through the clouds and I thought - what the heck.  So we got out a rake - for me - and a small shovel - for Magoo (because we couldn't find his rake) and I raked some leaves.  

And this is what Magoo did ...

Not much of a leaf pile for that kind of jump, is it?  But he was having a grand ol' time with what he got.

I even buried him in them.

Look at that dimple - gush!

Then we had some quality time in the hammock as I reread some favorite parts of Twilight (My mouth salivates as the movie premiere approaches.) and he played Spiderman in the ropes.  Good stuff.

5 comments:

äiti said...

Good stuff indeed!

Rereading...now there's something I've never done.

Julie_c said...

Really? I will always reread my favorites. I think I've read Pride and Prejudice 4 times. And I love rereading David Sedaris. I always find things that I missed to the first time around or else I just enjoy the ride again.

sara said...

There's only one book in my life that I've reread a thousand times... infact, I was about to pull it out the other day but I can't find it (I squirreled it away in a box somewhere! Maybe I'll find it when we move). It's called "The Passion" by Jeanette Winterson. When I find it, I'll loan it to you.... it's a crazy story about a man in Napoleon's army falling in love with a cross dressing woman and following her to Venice... I just read on the authors website that they're making it in to a movie with Gwyneth Paltrow and Juliet Binoche!!! WEE HA!!! Another one to add to our list!

Love the photo of Magoo in the leaves! And boy, that was QUITE the jump!

Stop by the house on the way to pick-up.... major kitchen surprises...

Jessica said...

Great action shot! I love the one in the leaves, you've got a pretty sweet little guy there!!
I can't believe you are still in t shirts!!

Shelley said...

You've got to frame that picture of Magoo. I love it! Fall is slower to arrive here below the Mason Dixon line... I have to agree with previous comment. Read The Passion. I'm sure the movie will be cool too. But it's an amazing book, beautifully written.