Monday, November 17, 2008

Puppet Theater

Last year I made some puppets for The Gingerbread Man, that I performed for Magoo's preschool class.  He likes that story and the other night at bedtime, asked me to get out the puppets so we could do a little puppet show.  He likes to be the Gingerbread Man, of course.  Well, that puppet show got a little hyper and I decided puppet shows maybe weren't the best way to calm him down for bedtime.

So, when the husband got a delivery in a large box, I thought a puppet theater might be in order.  Then he could have all the spazzed out puppet fun he wanted.

We started simply enough - a hole in the box.

But we couldn't stop there - no!  We had to decorate it.  Magoo did some drawings:
Then we painted.
And here's how it looks now!  (Magoo wanted to put a chimney on top, inspired by the Three Little Pigs.)

Now let's see how long it lasts before it gets completely destroyed!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

A cardboard box is the best toy ever!!

That is the coolest and most colorful puppet theater I have ever seen. Wish I could see Magoo in action!

sara said...

Oooo! I can't wait to play with it! It looks very.... Calder!