Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Special Delivery

I came home from dropping Magoo off at school this morning and a book shaped envelope was at my door.  And guess what was in it?  A book!  But not any book - MY book.  So here I hold my first copy of my first book.  Very exciting!

I am so pleased to have this advanced copy (I'll get more later, but right now I only have one) so I can take it with me to Thanksgiving.  Two years ago, I took my first letter from Viking that was not yet a contract, but a very promising letter.  So they have been waiting a while to see this.  And in December, I am scheduled to be the Mystery Reader in Magoo's Kindergarten class - so I will get to read my very own book there too.  

In the meantime, it will probably live on my mantle.  I will try to keep it safe from spills and rips - we'll see how well that goes.

I'll post the contest tomorrow.  I was going to do it today, but well, this came up and I just had to share!  Thanks for your patience.

And thanks to all who have given their support and especially to Shirley, who was my go-to girl on all things Japanese.

You know, it would probably be smart of me to post a link to Amazon, where Wink, The Ninja Who Wanted to Be Noticed is available for pre-order.  (he,he.)

This is very, very cool.

8 comments:

cynjay said...

Whoo Hoo! It's beautiful!

sara said...

YEEE HA!!! A grand day indeed! SO proud of you.... my friend the published author.... will you still be my friend when you're rich and famous?

Julie_c said...

I'm expecting to be rick and famous in April, so, yes, you will still be my friend.

Natalie said...

Yahoooooooo! :-D

äiti said...

Wow, congrats!!! It looks awesome. I'm happy for you that you'll be able to share it at Thanksgiving.

Jessica said...

YAY!!! So excited for you!!!
You look so cute with your book!
We can't wait till it comes out so we can buy a copy to enjoy ourselves!

Shelley said...

So exciting! Congrats, gotta order mine now!

jet said...

Wow, what a wonderful accomplishment. Congratulations on your first book!