Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving



Here's a photo collage of the day.  I tried to present this in a larger format, but Blogger and I had a fight, so you'll have to click on it to see any detail.  

It was a wonderful day.  Chilly, but dry and bright.  The kids ( all seven of them) played outside at first.  Magoo was one of the few in a coat.  I don't know how kids stay warm - but they seemed perfectly comfortable out there making teepees and log forts.

The top photo (below) is preparing for the group shot.  Jack, the youngest, didn't want to leave his bucket of mud, so he's not in it.  Then Beck got upset with his sister and he ran off.

In the end I got five smiling faces.  Good enough for me!

While dinner was cooking, the younger boys descended on Sean for a massive wedgie fight.  The first pick is Sean giving Finn a wedgie.

The second pick is Finn and Beck trying to do the same to their dad.  Magoo was sort of excited and apprehensive of this level of play. He's not used to high intesnity rough housing at home.   He ended up trying to help Sean - who he identified as the one in most need of his services.  So he tried to play-spank Finn and Beck.  Of course, I was more concerned that either Finn or Beck - in a wedgie frenzy - was going to turn around and wail on poor Magoo.  But there was none of that.  All the kids played together wonderfully.  

Eventually it was time for the grown-ups to eat (the kids were watching a movie in the basement.)  Here's the Charlie Story-Telling Collage.  Charlie tells great stories!


Dinner was so good.  There's a shot of my plate up in the top collage.  My favorite was the stuffing though - OH BABY - it was good!  And when all the firsts and seconds were had, it was time for pie.

Charlie brought a blueberry and an apple down from a great pie place in Vermont.  Mary made a lemon meringue.  I made a gluten free, casein free apple pie for Magoo and me.  This is a family that loves their pies!
 

One more little story.  While we were at dinner, I saw Magoo come upstairs and say to Mike's Uncle Dave, "The kids are all veettacking each other.  But I'm not veettacking anyone."  Ah - my son, the snitch!

It was so much fun for all of us.  Thanks to Sean and Marybeth for hosting.  Your house is a lovely place to gather.  

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving as well!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yum, the turkey and all the fixings look incredibly delicious, not to mention all of the pies!

Are those Magoo's cousins. It's funny that he's a little shy of all that rough housing, Frances likes to keep her distance as well when she's in the presence of wild kids. We're pretty low key at our house as well. Veettacking, there go those v's again :)

Your American Thanksgivings always looks so Christmasy to me. Maybe it's because ours was over a month ago and still fairly warm outside. Maybe it's the food. Whatever it is, it looks like you had a good time!

pahurley said...

This is awesome, I love the Charlie photo series! Hmm, it's lunchtime, I wonder where I can score some stuffing?!