Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Bad Fairy

I can't remember exactly how it started, but Magoo said something to me, maybe "Once upon a time..." and I asked him if he wanted to write a story.  He said yes - so I made him a simple little stapled book.

He dictated the story to me and I wrote the words - as said - and he drew the pictures.  (My chore was to NOT dictate or direct the story in any way, shape, or form - which was a challenge for me.)

Here's the story:

THE BAD FAIRY

Once upon a time, a fairy exploded.
(Boom)  She was a bad fairy.
A castle came.
A King came.

The end.

Here are a couple of the illustrations:  (I didn't include the fairy because she was drawn in a very light colored pencil and is barely visible.


And although the book starts out with the destruction of the title character - at least we can rest easy, because that particularly fairy was bad and, clearly, got what was coming to her.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a wonderful story, and yes it's a good thing that evil fairy exploded because it might have been too scary for me!

It's hard to relinquish control and let your child go their own way. Good work mom!!

Shelley said...

He he. I love it. Nice castle too. Maybe Magoo will agree to collaborate on your next picture book. ;)

äiti said...

Love it!