Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Camera and Magoo's 6th Birthday

I'm wussing out a bit in that I don't think I'm going to be showcasing my Xmas stash - at least not yet.  There's just no time to take the pics!  However, my gift to myself was a new camera.  A Canon Powershot SD 790.  It's smaller than my previous Powershot but has more options.  One of which is a macro setting.  A macro setting means I can take really close up shots of small things, like the shot above.  My old camera could have never got this shot.

But it's tricky too because you have to hold very, very still.  In the future, I will probably set it up with the timer function and a tripod.  But for now, I'm just hand holding it.

I took a pic of the little karate guy ornament I made this year, too.

Love that macro setting!

In other news, Magoo turns six years old today!  
This is me playing with no flash.  I generally prefer no flash, but this camera has a slower shutter speed for this function and - again - I have to be like a statue to not jiggle it.  Not easy.

In the early afternoon, my neighbors Jackie and Jon came over to give Magoo their gifts.  I have a bunch of pics of Jon and Magoo over the years, so I made them pose for me.

Jon got Magoo army guys.  Magoo is really into army guys right now.  Sometimes we built them forts and shoot them down with dart guns.  Magoo was super excited!

(How many of those am I going to step on???)

Tonight we will dine on hot dogs and french fries, as requested, and I am to bake a Blueberry cake.  We'll see how that goes.

If I don't blog tomorrow - I hope everyone has a Happy New Years Eve and all the best in 2009!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Magoo!
I hope you all had a wonderful day of celebrations! What a big guy!!