Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Day - Not Yet


We're expecting a big snow storm today.  It's a little after 11:00 now and so far we have nothing.  But the schools are closed in anticipation of a big white mess.  So here's Magoo, having a snack, watching Scooby-Doo and being a good little boy while Mama works.

We're having a small get together tonight so I am busy with cleaning and food prep:
Oreo Truffles - done
Black bean Brownies - done
Black Bean Salsa - done
Veggies cut - next
Still to do:
Asparagus tart
Double Baked Mini Potatoes 
Bruschetta

We also have a David Glass Chocolate cake to share.  Hmmm, we might need another bottle of wine.  I'll have the hubby get that when he gets home.

It's a casual party, so I don't feel like the place has to be SUPER clean, but I do want it picked up.  There will be 6 kids and they'll trash it pretty quickly anyway.

I'm also waiting for the mechanic to call and say my car is ready to drive!  But that has happened yet either.

So, we wait...

2 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Don't worry about wine - we're bringing a couple of bottles!

Oven's on and I'm getting ready to put the meatballs in (they smell SOOO good with all the sesame oil and ginger!).

Yankee swap gifts are wrapped...

We're counting down the hours till the party... can't wait!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a good time. I hope you all had fun and enough wine! I'm sure you must have from Sara's FB status.

Did it ever snow?