Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby V-plosion

There are twenty million people I know having babies these days.  So I needed to make a shload of baby gifts.  I saw this tutorial for freezer paper stencils a while ago and bookmarked it.
    
I think my favorite is the bird.  I'm in LOVE with this bird.  I think I'm going to have to get myself a nice buttery yellow T and make me a bird shirt.


It too a little time.  There are a few steps.  But it wasn't difficult.  And they all came out well. I'm super pleased. 

I also made a few balls for my friend who just adopted a little daughter.
 

I'm a big fan of the fabric balls.  They're so soft you can just chuck 'em right at someone face and not hurt them.  You can't go wrong with a pair of big soft balls!  :) (snicker, snicker)

So now I just have to wrap everything up and ship it out.

3 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Oooooo.... the crow is cool. Jess would totally LOVE the crow!

And, we still LOVE your soft balls (snicker snicker).... when we can find them. (they keep getting biffed behind beds, dressers, couches, etc.)

Jessica said...

Mmm... got to love softy balls!! :)

Love the shirts, they are fantastic Julie. Yes, Sara is correct I favor the crow.
The tutorial you linked to looks really through and a good one to follow. I finally bought some freezer paper a few months back but haven't gotten off my lazy butt to use it. I think you may have inspired me. What kind of fabric paint did you use? Is that star sparkly?

Julie_c said...

I think the brand for both was Tulip fabric paints. And yes, the star is very silvery and glittery. (It looks more gray in the photo, eh?)