Monday, February 2, 2009

GF Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins

Well - I tried uploading images onto Blogger THREE TIMES this morning and for some reason, it just wasn't having any of it.  So this is an image-free post.  

I have been making carrot muffins for awhile now and can hardly believe that I haven't posted the recipe before because these are FREAKIN' YUMMY!  I can't remember where the original recipe came from - but it probably wasn't gluten-free or sugar-free so I had to make some changes.  Anyway, these are moist and flavorful and everyone who eats one wants to go back for another.  But I slap their hands away - "No No," I say.  "These have to last all week!"

GF Sugar-Free Freakin' Yummy CARROT MUFFINS

3 carrots, peeled and chopped into pieces
1 1/2 cup GF flour blend
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
2/3 cup honey
1/4 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup plain yogurt (I use Water Buffalo yogurt b/c it's casein free)
1 large egg

Boil a pot of water and plop the carrots in.  You want to boil them about 20-30 minutes until they are very soft.

Preheat oven to 350.  Line muffin tin with baking cups.  This recipe usually makes about 15 muffins.

Combine dry ingredients in big bowl.  Whisk.

Combine honey, egg, oil, and yogurt.  Check carrots.  Are they done?  Good.  Pull out your food processor and throw those babies in there and mush them up good.  Now add that to the honey mix.  Stir.

Combine dry and wet mixes.

Fill cups 2/3 full.

Bake approx. 17 minutes.

Cool on rack for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.

OH SO GOOD!
Did I mention they were yummy?
  

1 comment:

Jessica said...

These do sound really good and I bet they would be great for Franny, being sugar free and all. Also a good way to get more veggies into her!
Thanks for sharing :)