Friday, February 6, 2009

The Package

A few weeks ago, I came home to find a box sitting by my front door.  I hadn't ordered anything.  Hmmmmm?  What was this box?

Then I saw who it was from, a friend's mother in Canada.  Double Hmmmmm!  I thought maybe the mother wanted to send a surprise to her daughter.  So I brought it inside and I opened it.

It was fabric!

The mother, Martha, works at a company that does home decor and they were getting rid of a bunch of material samples and Martha hated to waste it so she sent them to me.  I was as giddy as a kid in a candy store!

Here's a very small sampling of what was inside:


Lovely, huh?

I wanted to make something for Martha as a thank you so I made her this tote - using some of her swatches in the patchwork portion.


I'm not the queen of patchwork or quilting, but I really like how this turned out.

For all the totes I made in 2008 - I never got around to making one for myself.  Maybe I'll make another version of this?

4 comments:

äiti said...

Nice gift and thank you gift!

Jessica said...

Ooh, Martha is totally going to love this bag and the ladies at the shop will be SO jealous!!

Can't wait to see what else you whip up with all that lovely fabric!

Chicklebee said...

Oooopppps..... guess I shouldn't have sent Martha (I mean, Mom) the url for your blog... maybe she won't know how to get to it....maybe she'll forget... She's really going to love it though. It will be perfect for walking back and forth to work! Or a trip to the market on Saturday morning.

Julie_c said...

Well - even if she does get a peek - at least she'll know it's coming.