Sunday, February 15, 2009

Photo Tag: Magnolia




I got tagged.

Normally I don't respond to tags because the most recent one was list 25 random things about yourself and that would take too much time.  But my buddy, Shirley, tagged me for a photo game/thing and I figured it was low on the time-consuming scale so what the heck!


The rules were thus: go to your 6th file folder of photos and post the 6th photo.  

The magnolia (directly above) is the 6th photo.

Then, I guess I'm supposed to tag 6 other people, but I won't.  I'll just say if anyone else wants to play to feel free.  Maybe Jessica?

Anyway - this is a photo of the magnolia tree in my backyard.  It wasn't taken for the sake of the photograph, but rather as subject material for a watercolor.  Magnolias are some of my favorite flowers to paint so whenever the tree is in bloom I snap a bunch of picks.

I never used these.  They're not open in a way that I particularly like.

Also, I cheated a bit because this is from my 5th folder.  My 6th folder was simply photos of my artwork that I took for the sake of recording them.  Not too exciting for a photo tag.

So there you go.  Magnolias.

Now, since the tag makes you pick a photo at random and I wasn't too pleased with this particular shot, I thought I'd include some nicer flower pics to get us all ready for Spring.  But when I uploaded them, Blogger put them at the top.  So there you go.  My layout suffers from sudden inspiration.  But I like those shots so I'll keep them.  Feel free to go and look at them now, again.  Go on.  :)





4 comments:

äiti said...

Purty. My favorite is the one on the tippy top.

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting the magnolia photos. A sweet reminder that spring is just around the corner!

I am totally going to play this game;)

Jessica said...

Oh ya, I meant to add that I wanted to find out 25 interesting facts about you!

Julie_c said...

I don't have the time to write 25 facts. I'll give you five:

1. I LOVED Barbie dolls in my youth.

2. The only time I eavesdropped on my mother's phone conversation, I overheard a store calling to say my brother had just been busted for shoplifting.

3. My favorite foods are shrimp, pizza and french fries.

4. I only wear one contact lense b/c I have a scar on my right eye.

5.Some day I would like to ride in a hot air balloon.