Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Smile-Making

I've been a busy little beaver lately.  I recently got two new picture book proposals into my editor and am revising my first Young Adult novel.  Let me tell you, it's much easier to revise a 700 word document than a 70,000 word document.  MUCH!

When I feel a little overwhelmed, I like to take my mind off of things for a bit.  Via the School Library Journal, I found a blog called Color Me Katie.  I don't know much about this woman, but some of her posts make me laugh.

Here's one about giving high fives to people on the NY subway system.

And here's what she did to brighten a dreary day.

I think she's part of an improv group and here's a video of a very large assembly of people that decided not to wear pants on the subway one day.  (This is on her blog, but I couldn't get it to work so it's a YouTube link.)

She takes beautiful photographs and has a lot of fun ideas.  Enjoy. 

1 comment:

Chicklebee said...

Damn you Julie... I can't stop watching those crazy videos!!!!!