Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Big Box of Wink

When I got home from dropping Magoo off at school, I found a big box at my door.  When I saw it was from Penguin Group - I knew exactly what it was.  My copies!  My copies!  A big box of copies. (Well, 20.  I don't want you to think I have 100 copies or anything.)

So now I have to make my list of those who get a free copy.  (Shirley - this includes you since you're the official Japanese expert.  The boy next door gets one for inspiring the story.  You get the idea.)

But I do think I should have a give-away to celebrate it's arrival.  So, if you'd like a signed advanced copy of my picture book, Wink! The Ninja Who Wanted to be Noticed, leave a comment on this post.  Some people have told me they have a hard time with leaving comments, in which case email me and I'll enter your name.  julie_c@rocketmail.com.

For those of you who don't know the book: it is the story of a boy named Wink who is SUPER EXCITED to attend the Summer Moon School for Young Ninjas.  He can kick, tumble, and punch but he can't seem to be quiet or stay hidden.  Wink doesn't get the whole stealth aspect of it.  Needless to say, he gets in a lot of trouble. He is expelled after a particularly "showy" day at the zoo.  Then Wink discovers a family of circus performers and finds a place he can truly shine.  

I'll draw a name at noon on Friday.  Then the winner can tell me what they want the book to say and I'll get it out in the mail to you.

And, if you're in town and you haven't already heard, I'm going to be at the Noah Webster Library in West Hartford, CT on Saturday, March 28th at 10:00.  I'll read the book, bring in sketches and early dummy books, and talk about the process of making Wink.  Then I'll take a little hop next door to the Barnes and Noble in Blue Back Square and sign books for anyone who wants one.  That will probably start closer to 11:oo.

I'm very excited!

31 comments:

Natalie said...

YAY! Count me in! :-)

Joan said...

Me me me! Pick me!! (Not Natalie! Me!)

Julie_c said...

Entering: Ellen O.

Andrea said...

I want in! Pick me! I love the sound of this book - so fun!

Tammi Sauer said...

OOH!

Count me in. :)

Deb said...

Yay for new picture books, and congratulations on your upcoming release! I'd love to be in the draw, too:)

janee said...

Oooh I've been looking forward to this book since I saw the cover. Congratulations! Please enter me in the contest, I promise to still buy a copy for someone else!

Gosh, you'll have to sign all your emails with a WINK now. ;-)

Julie_c said...

Entering: Jessica S.

Julie_c said...

Entering: Andy (via Verla Kay boards)

Julie_c said...

Entering: Car (via Verla Kay boards)

Julie_c said...

Entering Thea (via email)

Julie_c said...

Entering Angela S.

Julie_c said...

Entering Heather D-B

Heather said...

Your book sounds like great fun. Congratulations!
I'd love to be entered too.

Jessica said...

What a wonderful surprise to be greeted with!
Frances and I can't wait to read your book. Pick us, pick us!!!

Kelly said...

The book sounds cute! I'm in!

Evelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evelyn said...

[Duh! That'll teach me to proof things more carefully before I post.]

Wink sounds like a fun book! Please put me in for the drawing.

Ev (from the Blue Boards)

Future OB/GYN said...

Count me in :)
Future Doctor from Verla's

Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

it is late...my first comment made no sense! we love ninjas over here! count us in!! can't wait for the reading!

Elissa D. Cruz said...

This book sounds SO COOL! And I have three boys who would love it.

(Pick me! Pick me!)

Boni Ashburn said...

I've been looking forward to your book :)

Please enter me in the drawing!

äiti said...

Yay!! I am so honored. Oops. Don't count me!

Susan Gurry said...

Hey,

Julie, I read your blog all the time as directed from Shirley's blog. I would be honored to have a copy of your book!

Susan Gurry

Tamara C. said...

Congratulations I am sooo happy for you. I can't waite to tell Aiyanna her favorite artist is also an author. Yes please sign me up for the contest, I would love to get a copy for Justus. An even if I don't win I'm still planning to run out and get one.

tamara C.

Chicklebee said...

Well, that's one way to solicit lots of comments.... Guess you know how many fans you have too!

I'll throw my name in the hat too...

Do you know when they're going to have them on the shelf? Is B&N going to set up a big display of them? Too bad you don't have Wink dolls and paraphernalia yet, or oooo....even better.... ACTION FIGURES!!!! Now, wouldn't that be so cool!!!! I've been making my list of all the little people that need a Wink book.... can't wait to start supporting my amigo the budding author!

Julie_c said...

Entering: Elspeth

Julie_c said...

Entering Giselle.

Chicklebee said...

Do I get two chances if I enter my name a second time!?!?! (snicker-snicker)

Julie_c said...

Entering: Lesley