Monday, March 23, 2009

Bubbles, Kites, and Books

It wasn't the warmest weekend, but it was sunny.  And I think we are all determined to pretend its Spring, even if it doesn't quite feel that way yet.  So Saturday, Magoo went out and made some bubbles.

A few years ago we got this thing called a bubble wand.  You can see it in the pic.  It starts out like a sword, then you dip it in the bubble solution, then you press a button and it opens up and makes nice big bubbles.   Who doesn't love nice, bug bubbles, right?!  Ours broke after years of use - so this is Magoo breakin' in the new one.

No batteries and 30-60 minutes of fun.

Can't beat it.  EXCEPT - maybe with a kite!

Magoo's Aunt Pat got him a sweet little kite for Xmas.  Since it was a nice breezy Sunday, we decided to take it out to the school.  After a couple lessons from Dad on how to work with the wind, Magoo got the hang of it.

He had a ton of fun and I think felt quite proud of himself.

Great gift, thanks Pat.

Now onto the book part:

Planet Esme just did a lovely review of Wink. Thanks, Esme.

And Cynthea Liu, who runs the Authors Now page, said she saw Wink on the wall of her Barnes & Noble and sent me a pic.

There he is all happy and stuff.  Thanks Cynthea!

I have yet to make it back to my B&N to see if Wink is on the wall, but the signing is Saturday so I might just wait until then.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

How cool to see Wink on the shelves. Must be so exciting to see it actually out there! We will look for it this week. I love the new banner. Enjoy your spring!

Julie_c said...

Thanks Shelley.

I haven't seen it on the shelves yet - with my own eyes. I'm not sure if I will until the Saturday book event. I hate leaving my little cave if I don't have to.

Jessica said...

I don't know whether to feel warm or cold seeing Magoo in shorts. We just had snow yesterday and today the windchill is -11 (that's chilly!!)
So I'm a tad bit jealous!!

The bubbles look like so much fun. I am always amazed by the toys they make for kids now a days. Something to look forward to with Frances!

Don't let Sara get near your kite, she could throw a temper tantrum.

How exciting to see your beautiful book on the shelf at the big bookstore!!

Julie_c said...

Sara might not fear this kite - there are no wooden dowels. It's just fabric.

But maybe the hard pieces isn't what she's afraid of.

pahurley said...

I'm so glad he enjoyed the kite! I hope he's able to take it out on many more fun outings!