Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Gifties for Girls

Having a son, I don't always get to make fun, frilly things that girls would like.  But I recently had occasion to get down with my girlie bad craftin' self and get my ya-ya's out.

One little-lady friend of Magoo's is having a birthday very soon.  Since it's also almost Easter time, I decided to make a bunny.  

This free pattern is available at Purlbee.  (If you do plan to make it, you may want to enlarge the pattern a touch.  Turning out those long thin arms and leg was a challenge!!!)  They also have patterns for clothes for the bunny - but I just whipped this little dress up with some leftover fabric.  

I also have a new little niece, Zoe.  So I made her a little baby kimono.


I've seen these little kimono patterns all over the place.  This one is from a new book I got called Weekend Sewing.  It's super easy to make - a couple hours if you have everything.  I knew that Zoe's parents are not into pink and girlie so I aimed for the colorful yellow fabric.  I know with baby clothes - easy is best.  So I don't know what the reality of regular use will be, but it was still fun to make.

And finally, not really a gift, but I made some pendants to go with the earring beads I made a couple weeks ago.


I think I made about five of them.  So now I have to string them all up.  Then I might have enough stuff to get a decent Etsy shop going.  (I know I've said that before so we'll see.  I just might do a blog sale like I did before.  ?  I'll let you know.)

2 comments:

äiti said...

Veeeery nice :-) Congrats on your new niece!

Jessica said...

Aw, what a sweet rabbit and a pretty dress. I think I may need to whip one up for little miss F.

Sara found a little kimono shirt on one of her thrifting excursions that Frances wore all the time. Really, you can't get much simpler then a kimono! Love your fabric choice!!