Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Freezer Paper Stencils

I was so pleased with how the freezer paper stencils on the baby shirts came out, I've been itching to make a couple shirts for Magoo - and, selfishly, for myself!  Two things occurred that finally made the plan come together: there was a sale on kids t-shirts at Michael's - 2 for $5.00.  Snapped up a couple of those for Magoo.  And, I found a peacock blue t-shirt, half-off, at Salvation Army for me.  Snap.

Now that I had my plain front T's, I had to go through my book of animals and pick my patterns.

Magoo wanted an elephant and a sting ray.  (Stingray not pictured.)


I wanted a bird.  I was going to use a larger version of the bird I used for the baby shirts, but then this raven called out to me.



I couldn't deny the raven.  I just couldn't.  It's been a little cool to model my funky new T (that I love) but soon - so soon - I'll be out and about in it.  I think I need to make myself a ninja shirt.  Magoo would probably like one too.  I guess I'd better get my butt back to Salvation Army.

4 comments:

äiti said...

LOVE these!

Chicklebee said...

Saw the article about you in the West Hartford Life today... you're famous! Maybe if we tell the potential buyers that we have a famous children's book author / illustrator who lives up the street, they'll snap it up?

Julie_c said...

Yes Sara - I'm sure that will do it. You might as well raise the price on the house while you're at it. :)

Jessica said...

Love these shirts!! Pretty colors as well!!