Friday, March 27, 2009

Pillows: In Sickness and in Health

Yesterday, I made some pillows.

The pillows on the couch had become grungy and I had some time yesterday, so I did some patchwork pillows with the fabric Martha sent me.

Magoo asked if I could make him a pillow too.  I was going to put this project off for a few days, but since he was a big sickie today - how could I say no?  So I went downstairs to my fabric stash to see what would look good for a little boy pillow.

I had bought a fuzzy purple top from the Salvation Army a while ago - just for the fabric.  I figured it was perfect for a puppet or something like that.  Today when I saw it, I knew I had to make a monster pillow.

I got started on the body and found some stuff for horns.  But the face just wasn't coming together for me.  

Yesterday I saw a post of a woman who made stuffed monsters based on kids' art, so I thought I'd let Magoo design the face.

I drew the body out.  He did the eyes and mouth.


So that's what I did.

I didn't have enough orange felt to do a mouth as big as the one he drew - but I figured this was close enough.

So now he's resting with his new pillow and I hope it scares all the oogy sickness away.







4 comments:

Jessica said...

Aw, poor Magoo :(
I hope he is feeling better soon.
That's a very cool monster pillow, the fuzzy fabric is just perfect!!

I have to tell you that every time I see Martha she is carrying her beautiful bag!!

äiti said...

Love that boy and his pillow. You rock.

Chicklebee said...

And the mother of the year award goes to....
.... JULIE PHILLIPPS!!
YEAH! HURRAY!!! WOO HOO!

Joan said...

Aw, that is the cutest monster EVER!!