Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday Night's Alright for Singing!

About a year and half, my husband bought me a karaoke player for a Mother's Day gift.  And it's not only a gift that I enjoy when I have 30 minutes to kill before picking my son up from school, but the neighbors enjoy it as well.  Saturday night we crammed as many people as we could into out tiny house and had a rockin' karaoke party.

(Above) Some of the group sings Come On, Eileen.  Sara was shocked to discover the dirty lyrics!!!

Sometimes the kids got in on the fun.  Here's Magoo rocking out while David (a.k.a. JoyBoy) serves as a back-up dancer.
Heather and I sang Endless Love.  I'm singing Diana's part.  You can imagine how good I sound by the cringe on Heather's face.

Incredi-boy at the mic.  (Anyone under 15 years of age usually sings Smashmouth's Allstar.  We heard it a lot last night.)  Also, Heather and David lose their voices screaming the lyrics to Smells Like Teen Spirit.  Seriously, I thought the police might show up.


My neighbors, Jackie and David - Love, love will keep them together.

Sara, the professional opera singer, puts her emotion in to Roy Orbison's Cryin'.

At the end of the night, the kids started to conk out.  (And by the 'end of the night' I mean 9:30.  Because we're old and have kids.)  This little one was crashed on the couch for at least 20 minutes - sound asleep - while the group sang "just one more", and "one last song", and "this is the last one, I swear."


It was a TON o' fun!  Thanks to everyone who came.

4 comments:

äiti said...

Looks like so much fun!

Chicklebee said...

That was one of the funnest nights I've had in a LONG LONG time! WHen are we going to do it again!?!?!?!?! Thanks SO much!

And let me just say... I had NO voice this a.m.... it was a long day at the church gig!

Julie_c said...

Poor strep Sara. I can only image how David sounds!

Jessica said...

OMG, don't I wish we lived in your neighborhood!
That picture of Sara singing her heart out is classic! The way she's holding onto the mic and cord, yup she's a singer for sure!!

Looks like a fun time!