Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter is Coming

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days.  I have been crafting, but the things I've made are gifts that I haven't yet given, so I don't want to spoil the surprise.  And I've been working on manuscripts and those just aren't that fun to blog about.

But Easter is right around the corner so there's plenty to do.  It actually snuck up on me.  Last night it occurred to me that I hadn't planned a thing for Magoo's basket.  D'oh!  And we usually color eggs - but I'm the only one in the house that will eat a hard boiled egg and that gets a bit much for me - so I might try to find another way to make fun eggs this year.

In the meantime - I made a bunny.  We're doing a little local egg hunt on Friday with friends and I thought I might try to make a bunny for each child and hide them.  And even though this bunny only took an hour - tops - from start to finish.  That's seven more bunnies.  I don't think.
So this bunny will be in Magoo's basket.  There - I have one thing!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww, what a sweet bunny!!

I know what you mean about the hard boiled eggs. I can get Josh to eat them in sandwiches but he would never eat a blue, green or red sandwich! I just learned from Martha (Stewart) that you can freeze raw egg innards, which makes blowing eggs a little less wasteful. Maybe it's just me, but who will eat a whole dozen egg innards in one sitting??

Chicklebee said...

Oh come on Julie! Get off your lazy butt and start sewing those bunnies... I know you have absolutely nothing better to do ;)