Friday, April 24, 2009

YAHOO for Center School

This more I had the absolute pleasure of visiting the Center School in Old Lyme, CT and sharing my story with them. 

I started with a presentation in the library where I read my book (to all the third graders) and went through the process of taking an idea and making it into a book.  There's one segment when I ask the kids to look at old art and finished art and find the changes - they loved that.


Then I visited all of the classrooms individually and taught the kids how to make their own ninja collage.  They all did a fantastic job and there were too many great ones to include.  But here are a few awesome ones.





I had the best time!  I think they may have spoiled me - they were so good!

2 comments:

äiti said...

Looks like fun! Teo liked the ninja in the upper right hand corner and is thinking he may want take a stab at some ninja making himself :-)

Jessica said...

Those are so wonderful! I like the one that's upside down in the top photo with you in it.

So glad you had a fun time with all the kids! Third graders would be much easier then preschoolers.