Thursday, May 21, 2009

Some Jewlery

I'm off to Virginia tomorrow.  So while I'm busy packing and tidying up around here, I'll leave you with some of my recent adventures in jewelry making.

I'm getting a little better with my wire work.  I'm quite pleased with how this one turned out.
This one is all about the medallion - a nice long oval.  I bought the cord ready-made.


This is something I made for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day.  The white leaf beads (which are glass) were taken from an old necklace of her mother's.

I love the chain, too.  Delicate and interesting.  Just right for this piece.

She said she liked it, too.  

I have more white leaves.  Maybe I'll make some earrings?

3 comments:

äiti said...

Beautiful! I especially love when parts are recycled from older pieces.

Chicklebee said...

Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all your tales.... and find out how the dress went over ;-)
Did you ever notice if your toenail colour matches the dress?
Good luck! Safe travels!

Julie_c said...

I didn't put my toes up to the dress, but they sure look nice up against the flowers on the shoes.