Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Big One - Oh


This weekend, Michael and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary. It was supposed to rain - and it did. But we got lucky and were able to have the first part of the soiree' outdoors. I sent the kiddos off on a treasure hunt. (Above.)

We ended up having the party on our front driveway b/c the backyard was just too squishy after nearly 2 weeks of rain. But nobody seemed to mind and it was good to be on pavement. A couple people sunk into the bog by the BBQ, though.

One of my favorite foods is sushi - so I ordered a platter from Whole Foods. (Below) O. is considering it. Does he go for it? He does not.



But I do!

About midway through the food, the rain started coming down. Everyone grabbed something and we squeezed inside for ice cream.


The top row is homemade: Mint Oreo (from the Ben & Jerry's cookbook), coconut, and Chocolate-Coffee. Then I bought some tangerine sorbet and Cookies 'n' Cream. Something for everyone. Except poor O. He has a nut allergy and, whereas, nothing had NUTS in them, they were made in nut facilities and that was a no-no! I tried!

Then it was time to bust out the karaoke machine. (Below) Magoo does a rendition of "All-Star". His has a lot to do with toilets.


I used my well-tuned passive-aggressive powers to get everyone in a group shot. (I still can't believe it.) Look at the kids! Even the kids are smiling! (Because my handsome husband doesn't like to have his pic up on the blog, I cast Josh Holloway.)


It was a really fun party! Thanks to everyone who came.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Congrats, Julie! Doesn't it seem to go by fast? You all look so happy!

Chicklebee said...

Congratulations Julie and Josh!
You sure do know how to throw a great shin-dig! Glad we could be a part of it! Mmmmmm.... sushi and ice cream....

Jessica said...

Damn Julie, your husband is HOT!!

Congratulations and happy anniversary! Looks like a fun party.