Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rootin' Tootin' Hills School

Today I had the absolute pleasure of visiting the Tootin' Hills School in Simsbury, CT.  They were so good to me, I think I'm spoiled.

For starters, the librarian made a welcome banner and she even had a plate of treats for me.

(Above) This is a corner of the library.  How cool is that?  There's a tree house and 3 murals.  Gorgeous! 

I did my power point presentation to all the seconder graders in the library, then I moved to the classrooms to help them make their own collage ninjas.

There were so many fantastic ninjas - I couldn't possibly showcase them all.  So here are a few that I did get a snap shot of.

And one of the greatest things ever: one classroom made a Wink Bamboo Forest Banner!!!!

Wink would surely say, "Yahoo for Tootin' Hills School" and so do I.  Thanks so much to all the great second graders and their teachers for making me feel so welcome!

Tomorrow I present Wink to the first and third graders!

1 comment:

Chicklebee said...

That is a cool library!
Glad you were treated like a celebrity! You deserve it!