Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Day

It's been an odd summer.  There's been a ton 'o' rain.  But today - July 28th - it finally hot and sticky like it ought to.  I had to take the car in for an oil change, so I went to the walking-distance Marshall's and look what I found in clearance - the perfect dress for a sticky, hot day!

I can't tell you how excited I am by this dress.  It's (what I call) peacock blue - which is one of my ABSOLUTE favorite colors.  The elastic on the top keeps it from sliding down.  AND - no waist line.  When you're hot and sticky is there anything worse that a waste line?  I think not!

Better yet - it goes perfectly with the necklace Sara made me.

I don't have a whole lotta blue - so I never wore this necklace a lot - despite the fact that it's FABULOUS.  But I wore it today and it made the look!  (Sara, I got some lovely compliments on your necklace.)

And because it was a hot and sticky day - Magoo and I met up with some buddies at the sprinkler park.

Here he is bounding through the jets.  Doesn't it look like he's blasting off?

We come to this park pretty much every year.  When Magoo was younger we came a ton.  Then we started hitting the wading pools and now the bigger pools.  I decided to go back through my archives and find shots of Magoo at the sprinkler park through the years.

Apparently I did a thorough cleaning because I could only find one group of shots.  So here's Magoo at the sprinkler park when he was 1 1/2 years old - and today, at 6 1/2.


He was a water boy then and is a major water boy now.  (He's actually at swimming lessons as I type.)  It was amazing to go back through all those photos and watch him get younger and younger.  (And I also just found a lot of photos that I thought were just plain good photos.  So I think tomorrow I will just do a little photo gallery of favorite shots.)

I hope everyone had a lovely summer day.

2 comments:

cynjay said...

If you ever want to have a weepy afternoon, spend a few hours transferring videos from when they were little onto DVDs. It helps if the kids are sulky pre-teens at the time...

Julie_c said...

Thanks Cyn - I'll wait a few years for that! :)
We were great about taking video his first 2 years of life - then we've slacked off. Now he wants me to shoot video of him sticking his butt out and saying "fart."