Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tummy Yummies


My buddy, Sara, came over Thursday evening to sit, chill, and watch a movie. I made an apple tart from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Cookbook - which I LOVE!

I've made this tart several times. It's easy and tastes so good. And if you have left-overs, it's an AWESOME treat for the morning.

Little did I know, Sara was bring treaties too!

She brought this chocolate temptation - so rich!


And lemon cake. Everybody sing, "Lemon cake, very pretty - and the lemons taste so sweet."

Sara said she had to buy it because it was so lovely. And it was TAST - TEE too. Layers of lemon cake upon layers of lemon creme. MMMMMMM!

She also brought a berry tart - which was great - but just not as pretty as the other too.

So we ate well.

Good thing the food was so yummy because the movie, No Reservations with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart, was a formulaic yawn-fest. But I got it at the library so it was free, at least. And if you're going to watch a stinky movie - it's good to have a friend there so you can cringe together but note the kicky beret Ms. Zeta-jones wore and discuss the merits of good head accesories.

5 comments:

äiti said...

Drool...

Chicklebee said...

I think the apple tart was the highlight of the night.... as well as Ms. Zeta Jones' head wear! I WANT that newsboy hat! Now, if I can just figure out how to wear my beret like hers.....
Aaron Eckhart wasn't too bad to look at either....

Julie_c said...

No, not bad to look at, at all. I still don't like those pants though.

Chicklebee said...

Hey, found a cute hat at the Gap in Freeport....can't wait to wear it this winter!

ahmed said...

fan

http://www.ahlanas.com