Saturday, August 15, 2009

Beach Day

It's been such a busy summer.  I'm not really sure why.  But we haven't been down to the beach nearly as much as we had last year.  So yesterday, Mike took the day off and we hit McCook's Beach.

It was perfect.  (Ahhhhhh. ;)  That's for you, Heather.)  It was hot, but not too hot.  The water was comfortable.  And Magoo practiced his dog-paddling.  (Mike told me, after we got home, that Mary (mother-in-law) got a jellyfish sting while out swimming.  She knows I'm scared of jellyfish so I guess she kept it mum.)  And it's true, I'm not fond of them.  But now that I've actually been stung, I'm less afraid and more cautious.

But anyway ...

The boys built sandcastles.

And I walked up and down the beach searching for white rocks.  The whiter the better.  I have a project in mind.
And there was a little snuggle time, too.


Here's my beach read:

LOVE IT!

At Mary's I snapped a couple cool pics.

I liked the gradation of color in the tomatoes.

Luck + patience = butterfly shot.

Hope you're all having a great weekend.

5 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Looks like a fun time. I need to get the boys back to the beach before school starts in a week!

äiti said...

Great pics! I've heard that book is fun. Sounds like a nice day. We're in MA for a week relaxing and visiting with friends and family. Yesterday was go carts, mini-golf and seafood on the Cape. :-)

Julie_c said...

Fun! You certainly have a good weekend for it!

Heather said...

Aahhh is right!

Jessica said...

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!!??

Your beech looks like a good one for swimming, calm and not too cool. We had a great beech day on Sunday, the water was so cold but I just had to go in. I was totally numb and quite red when I retreated to the warm sun and sand.

Love the tomatoes!!