Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Blue Dress


Here is the pattern I used to make the blue dress I wore to Magoo's party.

When I went to the fabric store to look for patterns, I wanted something very casual and comfortable.

This scores on the comfortable part but it's a tad elegant for my taste.  (A wee bit low cut.)  And there are a couple other things I would change - like make the skirt fuller and shorted the band at the empire waist.  

BUT the pattern was on sale for $3!  Score!  And in and of itself it was a good pattern.  It was easy to read and put together.  And now that I have learned a few more things, I feel like I can design my own dress.  The fabric is on it's way!

Also, re: the pattern, there's an awesome tunic top I intend to make too.

Sara, the pattern is Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity #2587

4 comments:

Chicklebee said...

LOVE IT! I so want to make it... I think I'd also rework the bodice and make it a little less revealing. Looks SOO SOO comfy for the summer! Where'd you get the fabric?

Julie_c said...

I got the fabric at JoAnn's. I was excited when I found it because I don't always love their selection.

äiti said...

Very nice.

Jessica said...

This is a total hot mama dress!!

Nice work and the fabric is so pretty. If I saw this pattern at the fabric store it would not appeal to me, it looks very seventies, but made up and on you it looks very modern and sophisticated. I'm sure I've passed up many good patterns because of that.