Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Carving Stamps


Last week Soulemama had a post about carving rubber stamps that inspired me to whip out my rubber and blades and do the same.  I had everything I needed.  I've had it for awhile.  But I often forget about it or simply don't have the extra time.  But I said, "to heck with it," and got to work.

Here's my first project: bird stamp.


I kinda wanted to make a big tree and put different birds in it.  But this is about 2" tall, so it'd have to be a honkin' big tree.  And, I didn't have brown ink.  "Julie, you don't need brown ink," you say.  No, I don't.  But still, it would have been a honkin' big stamp.

Magoo was interested in what I was doing, so I cut him a small square of rubber and took him through the safety procedures.  Always push the blade AWAY from you.


He made a dinosaur.  (And it seems to have a wheel on the back of it?)

Awesome.

I liked my first bird so I decided to stick with the theme and make a second one.  This time I tried making wrapping paper.


Now - who's got a birthday coming up?


6 comments:

Chicklebee said...

Good gravy girl! Is there any craft you don't excel at! Now, get working on some tornadoes!!!!

Julie_c said...

After just trying to do a simple bird, I can really appreciate those tornadoes.

Chicklebee said...

The birds make me think of.....

Hello, world, here's the song that we're singin'
C'mon get happy!
A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy!

Julie_c said...

Mike said the same thing. :)

(I don't know how I feel about that)

Natalie said...

Oooh! Oooh! August 14!

Although I guess I can't be greedy after the awesome necklace you made for me back in May... ;-)

Jessica said...

These are fantastic!

Pish posh on the Partridge family, it's only because of the yellow paper. I think they're pretty cool!

I saw this on Soulemama as well and got all excited. It's a great craft to do with a kid Magoo's age and I love the turtle!!